Version: 4.1 Filesize: 1.3MB
- In English
Tampermonkey serves as a middleman between the loaded websites and custom user scripts that can instantly change the way they are rendered and executed. These scripts can transform into anything from visual elements of websites to implementing a brand new functionality to them. One of the ways it does that by using the Tampermonkey scripts, one can change the way forum posts are showcased along with adding the function of real-time refreshing and add new functions to sites like the download video button for YouTube and many other websites.
Features of Tampermonkey
Wide variety of scripts
For better functionality and convenience, Tampermonkey features a wide collection of scripts that more than 10 million people from around the entire world uses it. If you’re planning on giving it a try and see the ways your favorite websites can be customized, or you simply want to make the general browsing experience intuitive and easy, check out the incredible capabilities of the app.
Manage your scripts
To maintain such a wide variety of scripts, the popular add-on of Google Chrome comes with a fully-featured script manager that offers tools of editing, sorting, script synchronization using popular cloud hosting services like Google Drive, Dropbox, backup and restore using the same cloud services. Its easy-to-use interface helps in finding, selecting, and enabling/disabling scripts. Every script on the library can be thoroughly customized with full support for editing code.
The user interface of Tampermonkey is divided into several individual tabs like the default ones that contain Utilities, Help, and installed Userscripts. Users can open additional tabs by picking the specific script to edit. Scripts can be edited using built-in options for general usage, appearance, timings, and script updates or by editing the scripts directly with code.
Steps to download and install Tampermonkey
- 1. To download Chief Architect, click on the green download button on upper right side
- 2. You’ll be sent to an external website to complete the downloading of Tampermonkey
- 3. On Chrome Webstore, click on Add to Chrome button on the right side of the store
- 4. That’s it, Tampermonkey is integrated in Google Chrome
- 5. You can use this extension by clicking the small icon on upper right side of Chrome
- Easily manage and edit your user scripts
- Toggle your scripts on and off with 2 clicks
- Supports cloud storage services
- None so far