Visual Studio Express
Version: 2019 Filesize: 607MB
- In English
Visual Studio 2012 is a renowned Integrated Development Environment (IDE) Package designed by none other than Microsoft to serve as a lightweight replacement to the complete package of the original application. Nowadays building applications have become a lot more challenging because of the growing consumerization of IT, releasing an application that is simpler and runs on a wide variety of hardware. That is where Visual Studio 2012 comes in, bringing along a lot of features to integrate and adapt development methodologies. This software kit has a built-in test tool intended for the creation of high-quality applications that fill the gap between developers and IT.
Features of Visual Studio 2012
Any developer can agree on how important it is to write and run unit tests of your projects and Visual Studio 2012 makes it easier for users to do so for new native C ++ unit test framework and other visual basic tests. This grants you to run, write and debug unit tests directly inside Visual Studio. What’s more, it offers a unit test project template that you can commence writing unit tests right away.
It has TFS integration
Visual Studio 2012 introduced a new Team foundation server that allows for integration with your TFS server into Visual Studio 2012 express, making it easier to utilize work item tracking, using source code control, and build automation that TFS gives.
Many project types
In visual studio 2012, you can create the same projects that you could in the previous versions of Visual studio (e.g 2010) such as class libraries for visual basic, WinForms, Win2 projects, WPF console, and CLR apps for C ++. You can mix visual basic projects and C ++ into a very simple solution, allowing you to create a single application using any available languages written into it.
You can also execute a set of code analysis to Visual Studio 2012 that is very effective in detecting buffer overflows, common coding errors, misusing APIs, dereferencing null pointers. If not addressed, these errors can cause application crashes or security vulnerabilities if the errors are not resolved, and is crucial for garbage collection performance, comparison, ensuring correct object disposal, and more.
Steps to download and install Visual Studio 2012
- 1. To acquire the software, click on green download button on upper right side of FileProton
- 2. Download prompt will appear shortly on your screen, wait for it to finish
- 3. In the download folder where the file is saved, locate the .exe file of the software.
- 4. Double click on setup file of Visual Studio 2012.exe and follow the installation instructions.
- 5. After successful installation, run the app using the desktop icon or start menu
- Coding and IDE is very responsive
- Clean user interface
- Offers flawless code coloring for any language
- Consumes heavy resources of CPU
- Extensions can be a little buggy sometimes